Wednesday, 11 December 2013

LIYSF: Perspective

I was privileged to be one of the delegates representing the British council from Famelab Egypt in the forum of its 55th year; it was a unique opportunity to learn about so many things and to meet new people from 60 different countries from many cultures and backgrounds. 



The staff were very friendly, encouraging and supporting; throughout the forum I have made many friends and we have enjoyed our experiences a lot.

One of the greatest things about the forum was having the chance to attend lectures that were led by scientists and experts at the top of their field. The forum covered all areas of science, but the theme this year was “Crossing Science Boundaries” considering how solving the scientific challenges ahead of us needs an inter-disciplinary approach. The forum gave us the tools on how we can adapt to this fast paced scientific environment to overcome future challenges.

As a Famelab winner from Egypt, I was very pleased to attend the British Council session with Dr. Andrew Steele.

Aside from the great lectures, we were provided with a rich social programme which allowed us to explore such a great city as London, the trips to London Eye, Stonehenge and the theatre nights were superb!

It is difficult to put into words how a life changing LIYSF was, but I am most grateful to LIYSF for giving me this opportunity which has made me consider my future career in science.

I will always cherish these memories, and if there is one thing I need that would be having a chance in the future to go back to LIYSF again not just as a student, but hopefully as a speaker.


For more information about the forum, visit http://www.liysf.org.uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment