On 23rd July 2014, the London International Youth
Science forum welcomed over 400 young scientists from 64 countries around the
world at Imperial College London.
The participants will be awaiting two weeks packed with engaging lectures on upcoming scientific research, fascinating visits to Research & Scientific establishments around the country, and a very exciting social programme. LIYSF seeks to provide an opportunity for these students to not only broaden their scientific knowledge but also their cultural awareness. With so much to do, in so little time, it is understandable if our participants feel a bit overwhelmed at the start of this experience. Brody, from Australia explains,
The participants will be awaiting two weeks packed with engaging lectures on upcoming scientific research, fascinating visits to Research & Scientific establishments around the country, and a very exciting social programme. LIYSF seeks to provide an opportunity for these students to not only broaden their scientific knowledge but also their cultural awareness. With so much to do, in so little time, it is understandable if our participants feel a bit overwhelmed at the start of this experience. Brody, from Australia explains,
“It was simply overwhelming. It's the first time I've been overseas you see”and Siya, from England also agrees,
“I was very nervous because I didn’t know anyone here”.However, they soon found that all the participants slowly pouring in through the reception desks at Beit and Southside halls at Imperial College, had more in common than they realised. The most important being the shared love and passion for Science. “I have only been here for a few hours and I am enjoying it already! Everyone including the staff have been so friendly and I am really looking to forward to the cool lectures and meeting everyone and learning about their cultures”, said Daniel, from Brazil. It is great to see such a positive attitude from our participants already and we hope they have a memorable two weeks here at LIYSF.

No comments:
Post a Comment